Being a better listener and hearing from heaven is vitally important for anyone who calls themselves a Christian. Our Heavenly Father wants to share, reveal, expound on and explain things to us. He wants us to get to know Him…not just as our Father, but also as our friend. He is our Creator…The ONE who made us and gave us our personality, gifts, talents, abilities etc. It makes sense that He would want us to get to know Him and for us to take the time to understand Him and His ways.
Are you wanting to hear God better. Do you find yourself questioning if what you heard was really from the Lord? Begin to be a better listener.
Here are some simple key things that you can do that will help you with being a better listener.
Your heavenly Father understands and that is why there is grace and mercy for when we fall and fail…that is why Jesus died for us.
Therefore, submit yourself to Him and endeavor to trust Him. Whatever you need to know, just know that He is BIG enough to get it across to you. Remember, He is the One who created you…He knows what makes you tick and how you think. So, anytime you miss it, because we all have; don’t beat yourself up…just repent and press in.
- Pro 3:5-6 KJV Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
Next: Remember…He NEVER contradicts His Word.
There are many voices in this world, but HIS voice (The Holy Spirit) will NEVER lead you astray. There are no discrepancies; His Will and His Word will always agree. And because it will ALWAYS line up with what is in His Word; this is how can you know when you hear something, and be able to judge whether it came from and is from Him.
- Psa 18:30 AMP As for God, His way is perfect! The word of the Lord is tested and tried; He is a shield to all those who take refuge and put their trust in Him.
- Joh 15:26 KJV But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
- Joh 16:13-14 KJV Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (14) He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Another important key: “Obeying God in the little things will increase your capacity to hear” ~ Carol Helmick
It’s in the little things that we listen to, hear and obey in, that leads up to hearing the big things; and obedience with the little, leads to obedience with the greater.!!!
You know those little thoughts that seem unimportant at the time; but somehow you know that it wasn’t just random either…
It’s in these times that if we will train ourselves to listen and respond; will strengthen our faith and fine tune our spiritual ears; for hearing more clearly and help clear up confusion of ,” Who is it that’s talking to me? Was it from God or from the devil, or was that just me?
1. You come in from the outside and toss the keys on the table, but find yourself thinking maybe I should put them in my purse or hang them up instead. 2. Your child / children are playing outside and everything seems fine, but for some reason you sense that its time for them to come in. 3. You find yourself thinking of someone who you hadn’t thought of for a really long time, but they just came to mind and you’re wondering how they are doing and if they are ok. 4. You pass by a person who seems upset and you feel compassion rise up towards them.
Yeah, it’s those little unction’s that we get that is Gods way of leading, guiding and directing us. When we obey…and listen, it’s Gods way of keeping us safe and protecting us; as well as, using these unction’s in prompting us to pray for someone or to reach out to someone who may need it!!!
- Jer 7:23 AMP But this thing I did command them: Listen to and obey My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My people; and walk in the whole way that I command you, that it may be well with you.
- Jas 1:19 AMP Understand [this], my beloved brethren. Let every man be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry.
These are just a few KEYS and there are more, but these are a great start. God is always speaking and being a better listener, is our responsibility.
Be blessed today…Much Love and Prayers Carol Helmick